The rescheduled Deliver Us From Diesel Truck Protest is on 19 March 8:00am
We will be blocking Shepherd’s Bridge (where Footscray Rd crosses the Maribyrnong River) from 8:00 – 8:30am SHARP!
We’re holding this protest to send a clear message to the Ballieu government that we need a Truck Bypass now because:
• Diesel exhaust causes cancer (World Health Organisation)
• More than 20,000 trucks use our roads every day (VicRoads)
• We have the highest levels of diesel exhaust ever recorded on a residential street (EPA)
• Diesel exhaust impacts our children’s health (EPA)
• Maribyrnong has the highest hospital admissions for respiratory illness (VicHealth)
This protest will be a safe family friendly event held in consultation with the Vic Police.
Entertainment at the protest courtesy of the Snuff Puppets and a a funky street band featuring some of the Wests’ best musicians
Park and meet at Maribyrnong Street under the bridge