The forum will discuss:
- The challenge created by Melbourne currently having no direct port freight rail link, meaning 100% of our metropolitan freight is moved by trucks.
- With freight at the port projected to at least double in the future, can our city handle double the trucks?
- Communities in the inner west already deal with 22,000 trucks a day – – what are the health and safety impacts of a growing port on this community?
- We need a port rail solution now, along with a strong and enforceable Freight on Rail target for the future.
Come and hear from impacted community groups, business leaders, and other experts on the challenge, opportunity, and solutions for freight on rail in Melbourne.
- Samantha McArthur, President of Maribyrnong Truck Action Group
- Craig Rowley, CEO of Lead West
- Sarah Garry, Medical Researcher and member of Healthy Futures
Please note that due to this event being held at parliament, RSVP’s have now formally closed, please firstname.lastname@example.org though if you would like to attend and he will see what he can do!
Spring St Melbourne
Legislative Council Committee Room
Google map and directions